KI44 Dog sledding weekend trip in a Norwegian cabin
Available 17.01 – 10.04
Exclusive tour in the beautiful Pasvik valley, where you drive your own sledge. Tour with max 8 guests so an early booking is highly recommended.
Pick up at hotel or Hurtigruten pier/hotel. We drive by car from Kirkenes to our base camp in Pasvik, approximately 1 hour where the 2 days adventure starts.
This is unlike what many other suppliers offer – a truly exclusive tour. Maximum 8 guests per tour, the guests do the actual sledding themselves and interact with our dogs. The guides are in front with their own team of dogs making sure everyone is doing well and find the right tracks of the day.
This is a hands on tour. Our guests are with us on a traditional “cabin tour” like many Norwegians spend their weekends in a primitive cabin without electricity, internet or running water. The tour is built up counting on that the guests are helping with all tasks needed to be done out on tour together, such as carrying water, wood, feeding dogs, cleaning dishes, changing on the beds before leaving so the cabin and so on.
The tour includes
– Transfer from/to Kirkenes
– Equipment such as snow suite, shoes, hat and gloves, head lamp
– Introduction to dog sledding
– Interaction with our dogs, doing all tasks around your team of dogs, harnessing, feeding, cleaning and so on
– 3 days of dog sledding, 2nd day with a longer day tour and lunch around a campfire in the woods
– Guests share sleds – two persons per sled. One sitting in, one person doing the sledding – they can alternate during the tour. Upgrade to single sleds can be booked in advance.
– All meals from late lunch first day, finishing with lunch last days after arrival back at the kennel
– Accommodation in a wilderness cabin. Sleeping loft, not separate bedrooms. Outdoor toilet, sauna and no running water
– Traditional sauna is offered
– Duration from pick up to drop off: 52 hours
Normal physical health is required, as our guests are involved in attaching/removing the harnesses and driving the dog sledges by themselves.
Guests with a really bad back or with problems walking is not recommended to join in on our tours since they are done not only on flat terrain, bumps on the track and balance is needed. You will be two persons per sled, one sitting in and one running the sled. We do not have one guide per sled – so if you for some reason do not want to run the sled at all, we need to know when the tour is booked
The menu is set on our tours and if you have special food preferences we need to know that already when you book.
Duration 3 days Fri-Sun
12.00 – 15.00 (day 3)
Daily min 2 persons
included transportation, guide, warm clothing, all meals from late lunch first day finishing with lunch last days, 2 nights in a wilderness cabin: Sleeping loft, not separate bedrooms. Outdoor toilet, sauna and no running water
(Special dietary requirements must be stated at the time of booking)